With great joy, I would like to share that my joining the Tell-a-Friend Promote South Canterbury tilt in December 2012 helped us establish a business in Timaru.
I didn’t make it to the second stage of the contest, nevertheless I garnered some victories that led us to register our company.
These unexpected triumphs are as follows:
- My blog post “Reasons For Beautiful Living in South Canterbury” garnered 1,500 views from more than 100 countries since it was published on 11 December 2012, making it as the most viewed post of From Worry To Glory .
- The Panay News, a regional daily in Western Visayas, Philippines, featured my Tell-a-Friend Promote South Canterbury entry on their 30 December 2012 edition.
- On 17 January 2013, The Timaru Herald, through reporter Megan Miller, published our story, how my blog entry became advertisement for South Canterbury. (Read “How the Article Appeared on The Timaru Herald” for details).
- Then, Ross Waugh, a businessman based in Timaru, the founder and director of Waugh Infrastructure Management Ltd. read the Timaru Herald article. He contacted me and asked if I’m willing to work on his website projects. Thus, he became my first client.
- Through Ross’ guidance, I and my wife registered Online Writing Niche Ltd. with the Companies Office on 17 May 2013.
- Helping push our company to a good start, Mr. Waugh provided us office space, desks, computers, and use of internet and other facilities at a prime location at Timaru CBD (Central Business District).
- Recently, Online Writing Niche Ltd. received a commendation from Ross Waugh for the fantastic results his Waugh Infrastructure Management website has been achieving.
Well, what started as a passion for blogging and our family’s appreciation for such a beautiful place like South Canterbury have led to owning a business.
Reading through the mission and goals of Aoraki Development Business and Tourism, I reflected that with our starting a company in Timaru, can we be counted as one of the concrete results of the Tell-a-Friend Promote South Canterbury promotions?
Ultimately, starting our own company in Timaru is one of the best things that happened to us since living in New Zealand.